Mitten Shiro Wot - Seasoned Chickpea Flour Stew
Prep Time: 5 Minutes | Cooking Time: 25-30 Minutes | Serving: 6- 8 people
- In a large stock pot, cook the onions on medium-high heat for several minutes, stirring frequently, until they begin to soften and turn translucent.
- Add the oil and cook for a few more minutes. (If you would like additional flavor, add 1-2 tbs of berbere.)
- If berbere is added, allow the ingredients to simmer together for several minutes (Berbere should always have plenty of time to cook before other ingredients are added )
- Shiro will start to becoming thicker
- With more cooking time, Shiro stew will continue to become thicker. It's always best to add a small amount of extra water and let it cook for additional 4-5 minutes.
NOTE: Shiro stew should now be ready. Shiro is best served with salad or another Ethiopian dish such as Misir Wotor Atklit wot and eaten with 100% teff - gluten free injera.